View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 09:40 AM
optimus2861

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I get that the previous deal ended, but there IS a starting point to these current negotiations and that starting point is based on the last CBA.

The Owners want to improve their position from the previous deal but have not offered the players ONE inducement to get a deal done.
Well, boo-freaking-hoo, cry my the river and play the world's tiniest violin for the multimillionaire players who don't get a piece of candy for having to make concessions that the owners of the business deem necessary for continuing to operate the business.

Sometimes there is no win. Sometimes limiting your losses is the best you can do. That's life. If the spoiled brats who compose the majority of the NHLPA refuse to recognize that, let them file their disclaimer and dissolve their union and nuke the league to kingdom come, and let's just see how many teams are left standing at the end who'll pay these ungrateful louts the hundreds of millions of dollars to which they feel so perfectly entitled.

I suspect the then-former members of the NHLPA would not like what the result would be, but perhaps this is what has to happen for them to face reality. You can only tell a child to stop playing with matches so many times. He may just have to burn himself to get the message.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote