View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Just because the Kings have sucked for decades doesnt mean I cant share my opinion. I've seen Derek Armstrong on the topline for years. Another heart & soul player and also a 60 point producer if he didnt get injured for 20-25 games every season. He played there because there was nobody else and something similar happened to Desharnais last year. There are more examples. Solid player, (below) average roster which results in a lot of icetime and no real goalscoring ability.

Stuff like "he would be the 2nd highest producer on the Kings last year" means nothing to me. I can only say, good to hear. I rather have Mike Richards or other 2nd line centers. I dont feel the need to explain that for obvious reasons.
The funny thing is if DD played on most teams in the NHL most of the top wingers would want to play on his line because they want to score points and because they are confident they can bury the opportunities that the other guys on DD's line aren't putting in. Because when you play with DD you are going to get sweet, sweet chances to score.

I think that was at the heart of Cammalleri's big pout and eventual trade last year. He asked to be put on DD's line and when he wasn't the big pout was on.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote