View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Wingsfan2965*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
Drawing fans when things are good is not the sign of a good market. Drawing fans when things are good, not so good and bad, is.
having fans willing to suffer through the low times and not bolt ( so as to voice their displeasure to management) is what provides teams with a solid footing. I see this in many places, but not all.

If columbus' viability is pegged on them making the second round of the playoffs every year going forward, thats gonna be a tough road.
Guess we should've moved Pittsburgh and Washington back in 2005.

You can't start a team off brand new, have them suck for 15 years, and still expect the fan base to grow. It takes a period of success to build a generation of lifelong fans who will stick around. If you want to get rid of every team that has had a down time in their fan base in the last 20 years, then let's get rid of everybody except the Canadian teams, Detroit, NYR, and Philly.

There are Southern markets that have shown they're willing to support their teams. Yes, it takes good years to start that, but if they're willing to show that they can grow into a hockey market, I have no problem with a part of my team's revenue going into upholding them until at some point, they're hopefully successful enough that they can uphold themselves.

There's teams like Nashville, Colorado, Dallas, and Tampa that have shown that. Phoenix, on the other hand, has shown that even when their team is successful, they still wont show up. That's unacceptable. Then you have Columbus, who has never been successful. I'm not willing to move them until I've seen the potential they have when they are. Unfortunately, they've been cursed with management that seems hell-bent on never ushering them into any era of success.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote