View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 11:27 AM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Guess we should've moved Pittsburgh and Washington back in 2005.

You can't start a team off brand new, have them suck for 15 years, and still expect the fan base to grow. It takes a period of success to build a generation of lifelong fans who will stick around. If you want to get rid of every team that has had a down time in their fan base in the last 20 years, then let's get rid of everybody except the Canadian teams, Detroit, NYR, and Philly.

There are Southern markets that have shown they're willing to support their teams. Yes, it takes good years to start that, but if they're willing to show that they can grow into a hockey market, I have no problem with a part of my team's revenue going into upholding them until at some point, they're hopefully successful enough that they can uphold themselves.

There's teams like Nashville, Colorado, Dallas, and Tampa that have shown that. Phoenix, on the other hand, has shown that even when their team is successful, they still wont show up. That's unacceptable. Then you have Columbus, who has never been successful. I'm not willing to move them until I've seen the potential they have when they are. Unfortunately, they've been cursed with management that seems hell-bent on never ushering them into any era of success.
I must be prescient because there are the exact excuses I predicted people would use.

Perhaps what the league should do is stack the cards, and subsidize the entire columbus roster off the cap to ensure that they are successful on the ice and then stop. Sort of a stress test for the team. You seems to think they could weather it, I've not seen any evidence to support this assertion.

so you are okay with your team propping them up, whats your cut off date ? its longer than 15 years, is it 25 ? is it 50 ?

for the people who think that columbus is a viable market, what precisely would have to happen for you to conclude your are wrong and the market is a bust ? Is there anything that could happen that you would reconsider the viability of a market ?

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote