View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Probably not, but at the same time he's at least somewhat responsible for the team makeup in Arizona. He did have six seasons there, so the makeup of that team has a lot of his fingerprints on it.
And I suppose we need more information about the extent of his input in personnel decisions. Did he want the Kolb trade? Did he sign off on Levi Brown at #5 when Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Lawrence Timmons, and Revis were there for the taking? On the whole, they didn't draft well in Arizona while he was there, including taking two oft-injured RB's (Wells, Williams) in the first two rounds over a span of a few years.There were a lot of poor personnel decisions in the desert and they need to do their due diligence to determine how much he had to do with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
The main issue with Whisenhunt is that he's just more of the same. An average to below average pick with some kind of "connection" to guys in the front office. No excitement, nothing to get overly hopeful about. Just another guy they went with when other "sexier" names were available. I realize the sexy pick doesn't always work out, but after over a decade of garbage this team desperately needs a sexy choice just to keep people interested.
I can understand that. Still, at the end of the day, you have to go with the guy you think will do the best job, not the one that's going to get the fanbase riled up.