View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Wake up NHLPA this is all about economic realities. The players have had it all their way for over 20 years. The owners are tired of the hockey operation portion of their business losing money. The owners aren't running a charity for the players.

Why people think the owners need to make the players whole is beyond me. Every player and agent knew that the new CBA would impact their deal when they signed it.

The players are going to regret their short sighted view of this. The way for them to make more money is to grow revenues and the popularity of the game.
If I signed for 100 million over 13 years, then I want 100 over 13 years or lets just rip the contract up right now.

If the owners knew going in that they were not going to honor what they put pen to paper on, then lets do the right thing here and void the contract.

I would bet dollars to donuts that the teams that signed guys to deals over the summer would be MORE than willing to honor the terms of the deal that they signed to they very last penny.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote