View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

vCash: 500
Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that I have to remind myself of the innocents who get hammered if the season gets cancelled (restaurant/bar owners, concession workers, ticket salespeople), I'd be pulling for a cancelled season at this point. Out of respect for them, I hope it gets resolved.

That said, and I don't want or expect anyone here to join me in a coordinated boycott or anything like that, I am planning on not attending any live games this year. I've attended around 12-18 games a year for the last 4 years. Many of those I've taken my whole family and I've plopped down some good coin at concessions those nights. But, I'm fed up with the stupidity and have been spending time going to Buckeye hockey games and have dedicated myself to coaching my kids' hockey this year instead.

If they come back this year, I'll follow the team's progress here and through online streams, and I'm planning on heading down to watch some games at Arena District bars like the R-Bar so that those places get some pay-back. I'm sure I'll be back to attending live games next year or the year after that, but I have no interest in spending any money directly on the team this year.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote