View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 11:41 AM
blinkman360
Joffrey Lives

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
yes everyone is over critical of first rounds picks..to be honest most of canada's d did not stand out.. hamiliton was average at best...this is such a small sample size i'm not ready to bail on anyone over 7 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
In a 6-7 game series, it's just kind of silly to see fans trying to climb out on the ledge, over a 19 yr old.

I see some fans are unimpressed with RNH and Nail's play in this tournament. I guess NYI fans aren't the only ones overreacting.
It really is remarkable how highly some people value this tournament. Not to say it doesn't matter, but it seems to be causing people to do complete 180's on certain prospects. Dougie Hamilton has gone from best defensive prospect to a future bust, while Jacob Trouba is currently the top defender from the 2012 draft(and maybe the top defender, period). Even Morgan Rielly, the untouchable Morgan Rielly, has fallen off due to this tournament.

It's funny to think that a couple of weeks ago Reinhart was a lock-down defender who had been dominating the WHL(defensively, at least). Now, he apparently sucks and has no upside. Makes me wonder how hyped Blake Comeau was after his WJC run. I can't remember, but were people predicting 1st-line RW at that time?