View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Separately, I'm not sure when the Pens amassed so many solid dmen prospects - Maata (not great this WJC but impressive in London), Harrington, Despres, Pouliott, Morrow - nice collection. Damn. Harrington was the best CDN dman overall. (not saying much, this year though)
It comes at the expense of having a horrible group of forward prospects. After Beau Bennett, there's not much in the cupboard. So hopefully the defensemen do pan out so they either replace the current group with cheap guys on ELC and funds can be used for forwards, or they can be dealt for similar forward prospects.

Oddly enough, I think of all those names you mentioned, Harrington's the closest to a guarantee to be an NHLer. He doesn't have the highest upside; that would be either Morrow or Pouliot. But he's the one whose defensive game is very strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
That could hurt him when they pick teams next year. He would have been a lock next year, but can you really pick a guy who is guaranteed to miss half the games?
I don't think it will affect his chances at all. Boone Jenner got a 3-game suspension this year in one of the exhibition games and missed time, but he was still kept on the team instead of being replaced by someone who could play in all the games.

Plus, the first three games are just Round Robin. I don't want to underestimate their importance, but Canada certainly should be able to beat at least 2 of the 3 teams they face in those three games missing just one player.

With the graduations on defense, I'm sure Canada will want his experience and ability when the games matter in the medal rounds.