View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:15 PM
malkinfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch1986 View Post
Nail Yakupov has to be the worst first round draft pick that I've seen since Alexandre Daigle. I think Edmonton got ripped off to be honest. He has been absolutely useless every time I have seen him play on TV.
I somewhat agree. While I don't think he'll end up as bad as Daig did, he looked that bad... I also watched him from the Summer Series on, which is about 18 games and he has been miserable in all but 2 or 3 games. He is like a broken record, tries to go end to end everytime he gets the puck, or cuts in at the blueline and fires a shot. In the shootout he is even more predictable, goes five hole 90% of the time. It's ridiculous how many times he turned over the puck at the world juniors and 1 goal (against Germany) in 14 WJC games is pathetic. I am calling this now, Grigo will have a better career than Nail.

He will probably be better suited to the smaller ice because he has a good release, he will likely get a lot of PP points and maybe a highlight goal 1 in 20 tries and thats about it.

Last edited by malkinfan: 01-04-2013 at 12:22 PM.
malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote