Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 01:20 PM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post

I don't think it will affect his chances at all. Boone Jenner got a 3-game suspension this year in one of the exhibition games and missed time, but he was still kept on the team instead of being replaced by someone who could play in all the games.

Plus, the first three games are just Round Robin. I don't want to underestimate their importance, but Canada certainly should be able to beat at least 2 of the 3 teams they face in those three games missing just one player.

With the graduations on defense, I'm sure Canada will want his experience and ability when the games matter in the medal rounds.

Good points, I hadn't consider those. You may be right. I still think tomorrows game could have an impact. If Canada losses and goes home without a medal then the pressure on next years coaching staff and team is going to be HUGE. I don't think they would even want to mess around in the round robin portion and voluntarily start the tournament shorthanded (if they didn't have to). It depends on a lot of things, whose the coach, who are the teams in their pool, whats the schedule for the first 4 games. One thing is for sure though, the suspension certainly doesn't HELP his chances of making next years team.