Thread: Speculation: If the cap drops in 2013-2014...
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Hottubber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
I think you are overlooking the fact that Adams also sucks at playing hockey, 5v5, or just shooting the puck off the ice. He is great at letting things hit him though....If you need someone to take a puck in the shin or 5 fist punches to the face, he's your man. His advanced stats are as horrible as his fighting. His salary and ice time should go to someone else (hopefully not named Tanner Glass). Call me a hater.
Adams gets a lot of hate and some is deserved but its not his fault he is one of Bylsmas guys. Every team needs an Adams. I think it's time the pens go to a younger version of him but his time here has been decent IMO. Last year was probably his worst. But if you need a guy out there with a minute left to grind it out, take a hit or shot and be a team first guy, he is your man.

You mentioned he is a punching bag which for the most part is true but he will stand up for everyone of his teammates. You need those kind of players. As I stated above I think it's time to move on from Adams and let a younger guy with more upside fill his roll but its not cause if lack of effort, heart or character.