View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
I don't believe one game serves as the basis for deciding which players are better, what the semi-final showed was one team was ready, the other one not.

The Canadian team played the worst game I could have imagined, yet had many chances to close the gap in the second period. While Gibson definitely played well, the Canadian forwards helped him out immensely by consistently missing the net.

On the defensive side, why was team Canada collapsing in the defensive zone given the US defense had been creating most of the offense? This strategy effectively gave Subban zero opportunity on the all important first goal, as well as the second.

It seemed to me like Spott and his staff had a poor game plan, compounded by the team coming out flat
Didn't decide that in one game. No game plan works when one team comes out harder for 60 than the other. The US roster was dangerously underrated and this became apparent where I noticed American dmen I liked in scrimmages only to find out they were close to being cut like mike Reilly. Don't think there's a dman in the tournament capable of more than jones.

They probably collapsed because they couldn't contain the speed and motivation of the Americans. What would you do if you cant win races to pucks and are overwhelmed when you have the puck? You retreat into survival mode and try and hope shots hit you and not the mesh.

ThAt, or just one of those games where one team had more than the other. I bet sports psychologist don't have all the answers as to why this happens although sometimes they probably do

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote