Thread: Speculation: Luongo: The Neverending Story
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
Luongo is highly unlikely to be bought out based on you evaluating the information and drawing a conclusion? Sort of like what he did, but the opposite?

Sounds like a discussion with different points of view to me. Since we're talking about a situation in the future and don't even have all of the variables, its all postulating.

And no its not based on nothing. As you mentioned, its an evaluation and conclusion based on available information.

It's not something pulled out of left field like, say, Luongo will retire.

If by opposite you mean he's taking an unlikely stance and professing it likely, while I take a likely stance and profess it as likely, then I agree. But is the fact that it's the opposite in that respect make his stance balanced against my own? Or is the fact that he has adopted an unlikely stance, pushed it as likely, make his opinion the outlier? One would think the latter. But hey, if you want to call it balanced, that's completely your opinion and we can agree to disagree.

Quote:
Just curious, but when was it confirmed Burke has talked about trading for Luongo? Burke obviously can't say anything because that's tampering, and I don't remember Gillis ever saying anything. Last I remember it was hearsay.

Also, how do you know Burke passed on Vokoun? Pittsburgh traded for him and signed him before he hit the market if I recall correctly.

To me, when Burke says "we believe in Reimer but we need help in goal" (paraphrasing), its him leaning more towards a stop gap solution than anything else. That is, of course, a theory.

Rumours/Hearsay/Reports, from everyone to Millard to Shannon to Botchford to Dater to Maclean and so on... It's out there if you care to look for it.

On Vokoun: One would think that FLA would advertise that Vokoun's rights were for sale, and that GMs were informed of it in order to increase the pick value, so Burke would know about it.