View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 01:32 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezzy22 View Post
I don't mean to sound like a d**k but if you think a city championship where maybe a 1/4 of a city even cares compared to almost an entire nation i think letting down a city would feel a lot less emotional then letting an entire country down. The fact that these guys rebound and can carry on is a testament to their mental prowess. Letting your country down is something that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Any teenager able that is able to attain this level of hockey playing on a team that is fully capable of winning is going to want to win. For the same reason I say it's ******** when European fans write off a WJC loss by saying 'no one cares about it here anyways', I don't think it's a thing that the Canadian team has a tougher time because of enhanced pressure from the home front.

Wanting to win should come naturally to these kids, and I'm sure it was just as devastating to Finland/Czech/Russia as it was to Canada. You get a bit of a cushion for teams like Slovakia or Switzerland who realistically aren't expected to win, but I'm sure they will still want to win regardless and put a lot of pressure on themselves to do so.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote