View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Didn't decide that in one game. No game plan works when one team comes out harder for 60 than the other. The US roster was dangerously underrated and this became apparent where I noticed American dmen I liked in scrimmages only to find out they were close to being cut like mike Reilly. Don't think there's a dman in the tournament capable of more than jones.

They probably collapsed because they couldn't contain the speed and motivation of the Americans. What would you do if you cant win races to pucks and are overwhelmed when you have the puck? You retreat into survival mode and try and hope shots hit you and not the mesh.

ThAt, or just one of those games where one team had more than the other. I bet sports psychologist don't have all the answers as to why this happens although sometimes they probably do
Keep them to the outside, be strong positionally, block passing lanes, deny their tendencies and above all let the goaltender see the puck.

Basic stuff, not mensa like at all.

Five guys chasing the puck isn't a breakdown or survival mode, it is chaos. It showed a complete lack of discipline and commitment to team play.

Add to this a hefty dose of turnovers not caused by anything other than poor decisions and/or passing ability, and the score is 3-0 pretty quickly.

I have no idea why the team was so flat, but my guess is too many people associated with this team were looking at gold, not the next game.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote