View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Leafs Are Good

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
If by opposite you mean he's taking an unlikely stance and professing it likely, while I take a likely stance and profess it as likely, then I agree. But is the fact that it's the opposite in that respect make his stance balanced against my own? Or is the fact that he has adopted an unlikely stance, pushed it as likely, make his opinion the outlier? One would think the latter. But hey, if you want to call it balanced, that's completely your opinion and we can agree to disagree.

Yes, exactly. You are arguing its unlikely, he believes it is likely. Its balanced in the sense that its two different viewpoints based on the same set of facts spurring a discussion. Again, I lean in the same direction you do on this one but that doesn't mean its not worth discussing.

No insult is intended, but when you shoot down his statement as garbage and then proceed to complain about how it doesn't bring meaningful discussion, you only have yourself to blame.

Point is, a $60M cap isn't the best scenario for Luongo and the Canucks. It will definitely make it more difficult to trade him I would have to think, although I doubt impossible to the point where a buyout would even be necessary.

Quote:

Rumours/Hearsay/Reports, from everyone to Millard to Shannon to Botchford to Dater to Maclean and so on... It's out there if you care to look for it.

On Vokoun: One would think that FLA would advertise that Vokoun's rights were for sale, and that GMs were informed of it in order to increase the pick value, so Burke would know about it.
Ah okay. I've seen them before, but I don't put too much stock in that. Its rumours and speculation on there part for a good chunk of it. Without a CBA even if there were offers I would expect them to change when it is finalized. Burke would likely have interest but as for an actual offer who knows really?

On Vokoun, perhaps Burke was not interested in giving up a pick for a pending free agent? Perhaps he didn't like Vokoun's "bad" season and wanted something more stable? Perhaps he offered something similar but the Pittsburgh deal was taken? Or perhaps he was working on another deal and the timing was just not right?

Just because Burke didn't land Vokoun doesn't mean he wasn't interested.