Thread: Speculation: Luongo: The Neverending Story
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
He's not a long-term solution, but he's also not a short-term stopgap like a theodore, vokoun or nabokov would be. Those are the kind of guys that give you an extra year or two, Luongo will give us 3-4 years of great goaltending, then a couple alright years most likely.

I personally feel the leafs deal will go through, I dont think any 1st picks will be involved(unless they are conditional, i.e the playoffs, even then I dont expect that) I'd expect someone like Bozak and maybe a mid-prospect going the other way as well. I definitely feel like Burke's interested, the UFA route is too risky to wait for, plus this years talent is quite weak when you get rid of the likely resigns. I dont know why everyone is putting our goaltending on the backburner, good goaltending is a necessity for us and will give us a few years to build our goaltending prospects the proper way(AHL, backup goalie for a bit.)

something like 2nd+Bozak+Ashton, fair trade with decent value.

Burke knows how to trade for the most part, he wont give too much to get this guy on our team, there isnt exactly massive competition to get him anyway so the price shouldnt be massive.

What is the equivalent of that package to FLA, given now salary can go back and be bought out by VAN? Shore + 2nd + Upshall + Bengtsson? If it is, I hope Gillis takes the FLA package.