View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Loffer

vCash: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
I've seen a lot more of Lindholm than Barkov, and I understand that Barkov is younger. I want to like Barkov, but... I've been less than impressed in the WJC games I've watched.

The only thing I see Barkov has over Lindholm is size. Lindholm has great offensive instincts, passing ability, playmaking and shot. He's aggressive, and willing to go into the crease to make plays. He's a good skater and great on the forecheck.

With Barkov, last year at the WCJ I noticed how slow he seemed and I'm not sure his skating has improved since then. Maybe he's still growing, and that can have an impact on players (Mats Sundin, for instance, I recall having trouble adjusting his skating around that age)

I'd rate Lindholm better in every category currently. Barkov might have higher potential since because of his size. But I like Lindholm's compete level as well. As a Jackets fan, I'd rather they draft someone like Lindholm who's highly competitive and has an intensity to his game.
This. Lindholm is simply better in every area of the game. Much more dynamic player. Do you really think Barkov can and will play in the NHL next season with that sluggish skating?

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote