View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I did a 60m cap without any raises. Burrows, Higgins, Lapierre and Edler need to be re-upped. You have 4m~ to do it. Can it be done?

We know 2.5m is going to Burrows. The rest would have to go to Edler in raise. Higgins and Lapierre would receive no raise... that's a tough line-up to fit together.
If the salary cap is going to be $60 million then it's entirely likely that Higgins and Lapierre won't require a raise. In my opinion they've earned one, but wit the sudden cap drop these are the guys that are going to be hurt the most. Every other good team is going to be struggling with their own cap problems and wouldn't be able to afford to poach them with a raise, and the teams that have cap room have no incentive to spend but if/when they do it's going to be a huge buyers market. Maybe a team will look Higgins or Lapierre's way, but that's a gamble and could end up with them having to accept a minimum wage contract to stay in the NHL or end up in Europe, as has happened to other players in the past who at the end of summer were left without a contract and no one had ca space to sign them. So there best bet will likely be to resign with us at around the same value, on a short term deal so they can try free agency again when the caps gone up.

I still think Edler is going to cost us $6M though.

RandV is online now   Reply With Quote