Old
01-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
But, again, what unreasonable demands did the NHLPA make? It's the league that started from a point (in June) where no reasonable negotiation could start from. It just seems to me like throwing your hands up and blaming both sides is a cop out.

Keep in mind I was absolutely on the "side" of the league during the last lockout, if you want to call it that. I don't think it's about taking a side so much as just observing a very obvious pre-orchestrated lockout by the league. There were rumours last winter that Bettman wouldn't "give in" like his buddy David Stern and would prove his mettle.

Well, I guess he did.
I think both sides could have done an awful lot more to meet an awful lot sooner. There was virtually no attempts to build good will between the PA and the League (from either side) in advance of June, July, September or any time during this process. I'm not saying the league has been reasonable (I actually agree, many of their demands are patently the opposite), but to say the PA has been completely forthcoming and justified in this process seems disingenous to me.