View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
IFK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
It's kinda of silly for people to judge Barkov based on what they've seen in the WJC.

From someone who has watched about a dozen games of his in the FEL, this kid has offensive potential through the roof. I completely agree that Lindholm is more physical and feisty and a better skater and flashier. But Anze Kopitar isn't flashy, and Joe Thornton isn't flashy. Those are the two guys I'd liken Barkov to, if I had too. He has elite passing skills and vision, but he can absolutely put the puck in the net (Kopitar is always good for 25 and Thornton had one of the longest streaks of 20+ goals going until he only got 19 two years ago). He's an elite defensive player and he just turned 17 four months ago. He may not be overtly physical, but it's bloody impossible to knock him around on the boards or behind the net. team-first kind of offensive player.

I'm a huge fan of Lindholm, and despite having only seen him play 2 or 3 times outside of the WJC, I see a potential superstar in this kid as well. However, I just can't take him over Barkov, who is such a complete player, in a man's body, playing as well as he has against men. If he can bring his skating up to even average, he's a force to be reckoned with.

The amazing thing is that we can even have a debate over two players of this caliber who are probably going to go 3-5.
I agree this as well. Drouin has 3 games top 5 "big" (if we think Finland was big country) country and 0+1=1 and also Lindholm has 2 game and 1+0=1. Barkov has 1 game and 2+0=2.

This is just one tournament. Barkov has second most points in his team and he has almost PPG in FEL. There is also lot of NHL players this year in FEL.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote