View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
As much as I have similar feelings as you...the Rangers have more to lose than any other team if the season is lost. After years of building a team the right way they are on the cusp of a championship, with a core that can take a couple of runs at it prior to cap restraints necessitating change. Couple that with the fact our 1st round pick is not ours, what would most likely have been a very late first rounder could end up being a lot higher if there is no season...which would really put an exclamation point on a disastrous year. So I must disagree...DO NOT CANCEL IT. Get a deal done and drop the puck. As Rangers fans we have too much at stake.
How would getting a higher first round pick position be a bad thing? Maybe i misread that section...

Of course I want to see hockey. We've waited too long for a team like this not to compete, even in a shortened season (which I believe this team's style is better suited for compared to other teams).

But my disdain for the fact that we are in yet another labor dispute, and could lose yet another full season, almost forces me to think that the only way to rid ourselves of what is the closest thing to a singular reason why things are so ****ed up – Gary Bettman – is to lose this season and maybe just maybe he will go away because of it, somehow.

But even thats a ****ing pipedream.