View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I'm feeling much the same way. Practice for the 24H @ Daytona started today, Dakar Rally starts tomorrow. I no longer need a winter distraction now that the racing season is here again.

I do think you're more likely to see a fan backlash at ownership if you get a 1/2 season though. You're going to get STH's refusing to pay for a 48 game package. You're going to get CI subscribers telling InDemand it's not worth the money. The pain of what we've been through is fresh in our minds and it's going to be easier to WANT to stick it to them just to make a statement by not buying a single game ticket, article of merchandise, etc. Let them play to a few empty buildings and think about the choices they've made.
I wish that were the case. I'm not a STH, but if I was i wouldnt want them this year and next. Its hard from a tradition perspective if you or your family has held seats for years and just give up on it, but this has all the makings of a screw job if we do get a 48 game schedule.

Unfortunately I dont see enough STH's doing that and thats really the only thing that will make a difference really. I personally wont go to any games this year. Ill watch on TV and pay my insane Cablevision bill but I wont go. But youre right. Empty buildings for the first 20 games or so will be what i takes to actually get their attention. But that will never happen. Even if its one night where the fans go on "strike", the owners will have a good laugh once they start pouring in the following night.