View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I think the Kings benefit the most.

When a team wins the Cup they play well into June, then they have to stick around and do the parade and lots of press and so on. I'm not saying it is a hard thing for them to do, just that training camp comes a heck of a lot sooner for the Cup winner than even the Cup loser.

When the Bruins won the Cup some of those guys had a 2 week vacation from Boston before they came back for camp. After something as intense as winning 4 playoff series and then all the celebrations then you have to go right to work planning your new season. They need to have a place to live, some of them sign contracts. etc.

So I think this is great for the Kings in that way.

It also may be good for a team like Toronto who the last year was a playoff team for half the season.
Kings number 1 for sure. People choose to ignore it or downplay it because they are good but so were/are the Bruins (and Chicago) and they both looked gassed in their return season. As much as making it to the final has to be a negative in the same light the after party and then celebration up through opening night takes its toll too. And its a toll that often isn't felt until 4 months later when you are missing that endurance and training from the summer.

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote