View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Recoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
have you watched Manning at all the past like 8 seasons? his ball placement is generally about as perfect as it gets.

cutler on the other hand throws the balk all over the place. high, low, behind guys, etc...
I have, and I'm not comparing the two by any means. But I am stating that Manning isn't the most accurate passer in the NFL and he never has been. He's hyped so much that people think he's perfect at everything, but he isnt. He's great at reading defenses, making quick decisions, and calling the proper audibles. He does toss a good ball --- never had a real strong arm --- but he does tend to drift a lot of his passes when he's off. That's all I'm saying. And this year...it's gotten a bit worse. No one notices though, because his Denver WRs are usually open by a freaking mile so he always hits them with his duck-balls (I dont care what people say, Manning is NOT 100% this season, and he has declined clearly. The difference is that he's still better than just about everyone else out there).

I'll never compare Cutler to a Brady or Rodgers, not even close, but IMO Manning was never a Top 5 in accuracy. He's just way better at everything else.