View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I've seen him play maybe 7-8 times and I agree, he's not elite at anything but I'd say his offensive skillset is very good. He's more than capable of generating offence on his own, he's a good finisher, he has good vision and has above average hands. His skating is average, and his size isn't great either but he does work hard.

The difference IMO between him and Gaudreau is that JG's hockey sense and skill is off the charts, whereas MG is very good in those areas. Granlund does have the potential to be a 2nd line player, but I agree that's his ceiling and he's no guarantee to make it, but he is still a very good prospect and he should get more props.
Nice assessment.

I think it's important to note he's also playing in a mens league. He just saw him dominate against the best U20's. (his age). I have a feeling the tournament will induce confidence, and we will see his numbers start to go up...

I remember being very disappointed after watching him at the Flames development camp this August... Hopefully he this will be a defining turning point in the right direction.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote