View Single Post
Old
06-10-2006, 09:25 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
I think Vinny was never in a line made "for him" in Tamba Bay ever.

Fedotenko, Prospal, St-Louis, Stillman, see a trend there? I dont know any good "corner" warrior in those 4 or anyone else with a physical presence or bigtime talent like Kovy in TB.(St-Louis is widely talented but I don't think it's the best matchup for Vinny) Thornthon was always with better people than Lecavalier for him. A big gritty Murray/Samsonov or the current elite crew in San Jose. Give me a line made of Kost-Lecavalier-Kovy or Latendresse-Le-Kovy.

Lecavalier is also not as his prime in my book, he got his game together, but didnt really breakout yet because of his average linemates.(They are good players but not "made" for vinny imho) + The Torto factor. Simple enough, Vinny needs linemates with grit AND talent, he is big, but hes not playing like Ryan Smyth, hes all finesse.

Thornthon is testing the new US Army cloacking device in playoff, hes a good tester alright and the device works wonders!. Lecavalier was very big in that Stanley Cup conquest. (Against the habs, playing in the Montreal...) I take a playoff guy over a season guy anyday.

To those saying Lecavalier is overrated in playoff, hmm I guess we didnt see the same guy who scored also the very big goal in that world cup event for Canada.(And was the player of the tournament?)

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote