Thread: Value of: David Desharnais
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Bashing ? Some of you are just incredible.

I can't recall I've typed the word "size" just once. His size is definitely not a big +, that's for sure, yes. Is this allowed, can I say this ?

Some posts ago somebody said he wouldnt be surprised when our David would turn out to be a Mike Richards kind of player. Now its St.Louis. Of course let's all forget that its a rarity to see a player like Martin St.Louis. That's not relevant at all. He's small and so is Desharnais.

Richards and St.Louis...all in one. Stunning.
Yes, you did ignorantly bash DD, especially when you tried to compare him to some useless player like Derek Armstrong.

I like how you keep acting like you have been mischaracterized. You were the one who blithely stated that no serious contending team would want Desharnais on their second line at center. You have not offered any reasons for this, no statistics, nothing that you have seen wrong in Desharnais' game, nothing remotely relevant to a hockey discussion. All you do is say he is not good enough for a contending team and then complain when people defend Desharnais from your ignorant commentary.

Why is Desharnais not good enough to be the 2nd line center on a contending team? What is wrong with his game, with his point production at every single level he has played? What statistics support your claim that he is not a good second line center on a contending team? What do you have to offer to a hockey discussion about this particular player?

The answer is "nothing". By the way, nobody has said that Desharnais IS as good as Richards or St. Louis. However, it has been stated that he has the potential to reach those players' type of heights (pun intended). What can you offer to refute that claim?

Wait for it...

Oh, right...

Nothing!

Unless saying "it's a rarity to see a player like St. Louis" is the only claim you can make.

I have a better one for you:

Go and look at Richards' 1st season (79 games, 34 points), St. Louis' 1st season (78 games, 40 points), Giroux' 1st season (82 games, 47 points) and compare them to Desharnais' first full season in the NHL (81 games, 60 points). The funny thing is that you fail to realize that Desharnais did this on what was a weak team going through immense struggles and management transitions, severe injuries, and reduced to a single effective offensive line that was targeted by other teams' best shutdown lines!

Am I saying that Desharnais is better than Richards, St. Louis, or Giroux? Of course not. Am I saying that he has shown that he has played comparably in his first full season as they all did? Yup. Will he be as good as any of those three? I have no clue. The possibility of it, though, makes it worth keeping him unless a trade offer of significant value arises.

Would he be a valued member of a playoff contending team's top 6? We will see next season...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote