View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 09:24 PM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
re: Kuraly

I'm not writing him off by any means, and I don't think he's gotten there yet, but there comes a point where the unlucky streak just never ends and the points never come--it happens to a lot of promising prospects (I'm working on a review of the 2008 Sharks picks--and it doesn't always go as one would hope. I'm looking over old prospect reports where things like "the points will come" are scrawled across busts).

The offense just hasn't shown itself consistently, and that in itself is a bit of a concern (look at a guy like Wingels, he didn't really light things up til his senior year, but he still was 'part of the offense')--though when he's been on, he's been on. That being said, like you pointed out, he's young, and adapting to the college game but he's going to start feeling the pressure to score down the stretch. And it's important for his confidence (and development) that things actually do start to turn around.
It's been 18 games at Miami...if he wasn't getting any chances or hanging out on the perimeter and shying away from scoring areas I might be concerned (though probably not because it's been 18 games) but that's not what's happening.

I certainly expected more point production from him this season but my opinion on him hasn't changed since the summer.