View Single Post
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
nik jr
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
I think Slepyshev is certainly worth a later round pick and Dano looks like a Wings kind of pick for sure. I think the organization could go a lot of different ways with their first pick.
dano does seem like a DRW pick, and not just b/c they have picked several slovakian F's recently (tatar, jurco, tvrdon). he looked good at WJC in the small amount of video i saw. smallish, skilled F's very often fall in the draft. he's a gritty/chippy player, and CSS says he plays a 2 way game.

dano seemed more to me like a W than C, b/c he looked more a shooter than playmaker. would be a good pick, imo.

thread about dano says he will play in WHL next season.

Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
Nichushkin would be a good use of a mid to late 1st round pick regardless of how he compares to Nash. The comments about him lacking vision don't really bother me at this stage. I think he would bring a nice dimension to the organization.
i very, very strongly prefer players with good skills and good vision than great skills but without good vision, but russians are almost always good value.

another interesting russian F is pavel buchnevich. buchnevich was ranked 27th by ISS in october (nichushkin was 14th). very unlikely either will be picked that high. both have 3 year contracts in KHL.

slepyshev was 1st pick in KHL draft in 2011 but was not picked in last year's draft. prokhorkin was also ranked high last year, but was picked 121 by LAK.

i wish they would, but i don't expect them to risk a pick on any russian players.

Originally Posted by newfy View Post
If Nichushkin was a sure bet for more consistent production then Nash he would be talked about in the top 5. People bag on Nash but hes still a guy whose had 1 season in his entire career where he hasnt hit 30 goals and thats being the only offensive threat on his team and having no good center to play with.

Nash has a dominant power game as well to score his goals, like Nichuskin.

i am not a big fan of nash and i think he does lack vision of better star F's, but nash has been a very reliable and productive player. a lot of criticism of nash comes from his draft position and problems associated with CBJ.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote