View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I'm not going to touch the previous discussion. All I will say is that every time I watch him it seems apparent that his production is always going to depend on his line mates. Some guys are drink stirrers, Kreider isn't. He has a ton of elite skills, but none of them involve creating offense, at least not with the puck on his stick. He's going to be a force along the boards, he will create space with his speed on the forecheck, he will finish passes when his linemates set him up, he will bang home rebounds in front of the net, and he will just generally create space for his line mates. I don't think he will ever be able to generate offense on his own. You put him on a line with two first liners and I think he will contribute enormously to that line and his production will reflect that. If you put him on a line with grinders or mid level skill guys, then he's not going to show up on the score sheet that often.

You don't typically use a phrase like 'elite complimentary player', but that might be Kreider's ceiling. A guy who will do all the little things at an elite level, and who really changes the dynamic of a line with his size and speed and ability to finish, but who will never be able to do it on his own. I'm ok with that.
Generally agree with this.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote