Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part II...
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 12:37 AM
BlueBeard

vCash: 500
I'm not sure what to say about the Rivermen game tonight. They weren't exactly terrible, but they did make a couple costly mistakes which lead to goals. Markstrom was damn good for the Rampage and one mistake for the Rivermen was probably all it was going to take for the Rampage to win tonight. Peoria's PP is downright awful. If you thought the Blues PP was bad last year don't even bother to watch theirs. Does anyone know if Hensick and Schwartz have been tried together on the PP this season? If not, maybe it's time for that to happen.

Again, since I have watched a limited amount of games this year I don't know for sure but does anyone know if Cole and Schwartz have been connecting on chances all year? Almost every time I see Cole sneak into some empty space from the blue line it's Schwartz that has a pass waiting for him. I have also noticed Cole is more often than not the high trailer on odd man rushes Schwartz creates. It could just be me paying more attention to prospects than the regular AHL'ers though.

I was really enjoying the Peluso Grachev Andronov line tonight and thought they were going to find some way to grind out a goal tonight. Peluso was trying like hell to manufacture a garbage goal. Peluso had one of the costly turnovers and after that they went fairly quiet.

My final thought. I sure am glad that Markstrom is a prospect of an Eastern Conference team...