View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
So it's a "fact" now that Galchenyuk's acceleration is "poor"? Relative to who, Ryan Hartman?! That's just an erroneous statement, and it cuts deep(lol) because Buddha is easily one of my favorite posters here and someone I very rarely disagree with. Galchenyuk has very deceptive speed, he can take off on the drop of a dime, and he's great at accelerating even when he's dug in(a little Plekanec-like), which can really freeze a defenseman. We all want him to have "Yakupov like" acceleration but that's just not his game. There is room for improvement but he is still explosive though, trust me.

I think what 417 was saying in the last thread really nailed it. Galchenyuk is so far ahead of his peers(Kuraly & cie) at thinking the game. I just can't wait to see him with guys that possess as much hockey IQ and talent as he does.

We shouldn't look at this tournament and expect Galchenyuk to do everything by himself. The tourney is loaded with great players, and they know to key in on him. The style he plays, he will only be as good as his linemates. He's a "give and go" player, yet he's giving and they're already gone. In essence, he's had to change his game for the US, to be more of a grinder and really pick his spots to slow the game down. It's all he's got really, if he takes over too often, then Kuraly may end up 10 feet offside more regularly!
As much as I say his skating flaws are overblown on this board, it is true that he needs work on his first four steps as his acceleration is the weakest part of his game. You are confusing explosiveness with hustle.........