View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 01:41 AM
SenateReform

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Do you expect that from a rookie? Even Karlsson had average rookie numbers his first year. Gardiner wasn't even expected to make the team. Gardiner played over 100 pro games last season. Most with the maple leafs and a long playoff run with the marlies making it to the calder cup finals. He had looked really good in the beginning of this season with the marlies as well. (Could add a Don Cherry, but I'm not that fond of the guy).

I don't necessarily know where Gardiner will end up (I think of him ultimately as a really good second pairing guy), but he has shown the ability to skate around NHL defenceman, make them look like fools at any time and was even named to the NHL all rookie team. He looks to be a really good player and the fact that the better argument is with Rielly's potential, I think it bodes well for the leafs future d core.

BTW Gardiner is one year younger than Subban.
Thanks for the run down, not really sure why it's necessary since I stated I like Gardiner and that his season was impressive. All I'm saying is he still has a long way to go before he catches up to Subban who's already established himself as a #1 for 2 seasons now.

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote