View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 01:51 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
The little I have seen of Kurker (on TV) gives me hope that he will become a legit prospect. When he is on the ice the other team knows it. He is fearless and enjoys playing a physical game without taking penalties. Nice hands and seems to skate average+. Looks like he has earned more ice time altough no PP time. Looking forward to seeing him improve throughout his BU career.
In the couple of BU games I've seen, it looks like Kurker is mostly a victim of line combinations and seniority. They have certain chemistry they like and Kurker ends up as a spare part despite being clearly quite good. He's big, strong, fast, aggressive, has a great shot, and makes steady, smart plays. He's very noticeable when he's on the ice, even when he's not scoring. When a defenseman is out of position, he's frequently there to fill in and win an essential puck battle and make a calm pass or clear. Dude just hasn't had much in the way of ice time or linemates. I wouldn't be surprised to see him absolutely explode next season.