View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 04:56 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
LEBRUN: The question is where can both sides still bend? We know the NHL wants a $60 million salary cap for Year 2 of the deal and the NHLPA has come in at $65 million, creating a key impasse on that front. My guess, and Iím really guessing, but I believe the NHL will ultimately bend a little here and move up to $62 million or $62.5 million. Whether or not thatís high enough for the players remains to be seen. We also know the league has offered six-year terms on individual contracts and the players have come in at eight years. My belief is the players are willing to go to seven years. That leaves them just one year apart, so who blinks?

The two sides are resuming mediation Saturday morning in a day that shapes up to be yet another major moment in this long and sordid affair, because the NHLPA by evening will once again be armed with the authorization to file a disclaimer of interest. The playersí vote to reauthorize the executive board and Fehr will wrap up by 6 p.m. ET. Whatís not clear is when exactly Fehr and the players have until to file that nuclear option. All of which puts huge pressure on the NHL to try to get a deal done sooner rather than later.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...cy-get-it-done

Day #112

Today is another big day.