View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 05:03 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Honestly, I don't think anyone from this team will play in the WC this year. Assuming we will barely get any NHLers, some younger SM-liiga players may be given a chance, but right now I see Pulkkinen getting the nod rather than TT. He's been on fire lately and IIRC he nearly made the team in 2011.
Well, yeah. No one from that team is a lock by any means, but TT might have the closest chance.

Having Pulkkinen make it would be absolutely great as well. I want a scorer type who can find his drive, ride it through the spring to the WHC squad and from there, who knows, Sochi too. Pulkkinen, Armia, Salminen, someone else... I don't care. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone given a freebie based on pure potential only, but I will be watching closely if there's a name who's going to rise to the required prominence. None of our current proven guns can't fill the skates that will be left empty by Teemu. Well, I don't think any youngster possibly making it can either, but it would still make me helluva lot more comfortable knowing there's someone in the squad who can snipe from spot and rarely miss.

IMO Pulu punched his ticket in 2011 at least to the final EHT, but for some odd reason Jalonen decided to favor Juuso Puustinen and Janne Lahti instead. The former was in a somewhat nice form even if he did ultimately get cut, but latter was clearly struggling already despite winning the SM-liiga scorer title. Turned out to be useless in the actual show as well, but luckily that time it turned out to be a mispick they were allowed to make.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote