View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 07:20 AM
nik jr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romao View Post
Have you guys noticed that in 4 games against top teams (I mean CAN,USA & SWE) Grigorenko had just 1 point and also was quite bad in the faceoff circle (38.4% by my calculation). So the question is: are we finally allowed to say he's really not showing up in the big games?
grigorenko was russia's best player, imo. he is their most creative player and his line tends to control the puck when he is one the ice. i think if there were a list of scoring chances for each russian player, grigorenko would be at the top.

he could have had several points today but subban made saves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
And as a sidenote Yakupov was good against Sweden and really good today.
imo, yakupov was mediocre today. basically just tries to rush through opponents, and shows little creativity or vision. he had 2 easy goals that were created by yarullin and kapustin.

based on the games i saw this WJC, i would have no idea at all that yakupov was 1st overall. RNH looks like a 1st overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
I honestly think Grigorenko was okay in all those games, not stellar by any means, but he was one of the few players who created plays and didn't play 1v5 each time (see:Yakupov).

Meh, disagree. Yakupov played alone from his team all tournament, and easy tip-ins as his 2 goals aren't that great of an accomplishment.
agree