View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 07:35 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
All those guys are worse offensively than Lee perhaps with the exception of Foster (who never plays).
Disagree. I'll take Campoli, Foster and Clark over Lee offensively every day of the week, twice on sundays, and alternating holidays. Foster is, admittedly, a live hand grenade in his own zone, however. He's never been the same player since that horrific boarding injury. Clark had a real bad year after quite a good one: its a gamble as to which Clark you're getting. I'd have a hard time cheering for Campoli after some of the stuff he's said over the course of this lockout, but he's twice the player Lee is, and that's saying something. Easily the best remaining UFA.

Quote:
Lee outscored all of them despite playing only 55 games.
a) completely ignores the trend of Lee's career
b) him catching lightning in a bottle over a 20 game period does not "make him better".

Quote:
Lee is a good deal better defensively than all of them.
Disagree. Defensively, I'd take Huskins and Eaton over Lee in a New York minute. I don't even have to think about it. And Eaton sucks.

Quote:
Brett Clark... Mark Eaton... seriously?
Seriously.

Quote:
Your biased hate for Lee is obvious and getting old.
The only thing getting old is the endless pity parade for Brian Lee on these boards.

Quote:
Murray lost that trade
Sure, but that's like saying trading a doorstop for a turd is losing a trade. You only lost the deal because you got something in return that was a negative asset. At the end of the day, you're only out a doorstop.

Quote:
and Lee could be useful right now. That's clear.
Debatable, and even then, only in the light of Cowen and Lundin's injuries. If Cowen and Lundin are healthy, Lee is our 8th defenceman. 9th, even? Weircioch is a better defenceman right now than Lee is. As is Benoit. And probably Boro, if he can learn to settle down a bit.

So we're out our... wait... let me count: Karlsson, Gonchar, Methot, Phillips, Cowen (hurt), Lundin (hurt), Weircioch, Benoit... I'll leave Boro out, because I don't think he's quite ready. By my calculations, Lee would have been our 9th defenceman this year. NINTH. We're having a debate over a guy who would have been our 9th defenceman this year? People are upset over that? It -literally- boggles my mind.

Quote:
André Benoît is the best option out there imo. I think he's the best defenseman in North America that isn't/wouldn't be in the NHL if the season was happening. Better than those guys, better than Redden.
100% agree. I've been on record as being a huge fan of giving Benoit a serious look in the NHL, not just an end-of-the-season "we need you to fill in because we traded everyone" cup of coffee. I'd love to see him get 40 honest games and give him a legitimate shot.

I think my only issue at the moment is that we lost two defensive guys (Cowen and Lundin), and we're possibly going to replace them with two offensive ones (Weir & Benoit). It's what makes me think we take a serious look at bringing in a defenceman from somewhere else via trade.

Last edited by BonkTastic: 01-05-2013 at 07:46 AM.
BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote