View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 07:40 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Hmm. Maybe I was under the impression that the isles weren't sure about him anymore. My mistake. Nino is definitely not worth any of Couturier, Schenn, Voracek, Hartnell, Simmonds or Coburn. I understand he was drafted high and is playing well In the ahl, but he has, what? 3 points in like 64 games in the nhl? That's somewhat alarming for a 5th overall pick from the outside looking in, so I suppose you could understand why someone would be under that impression.

Also, I think some of you are misunderstanding this concept of a "change of scenery", or at least the concept in this example. Bridgeport is the same system. Surrounded by many of the same personel, and same prospects, answering to the same higher ups about your development and expectations. That's not exactly the change of scenery I was theorizing. However, I understand why the isles wouldn't want to trade him. At this point they wouldn't get what he's worth to them in a trade... Certainly not a player like Couturier or Schenn, who have proved a significant amount more than Nino at the pro level...

Last edited by orange is better: 01-05-2013 at 07:48 AM.
orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote