View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Fair enough.

But from watching him, I just don't see that potential for him. Last year, i said that he was close to ready to be with us perhaps a 7-8th D man capacity because there is little left for him to show and little room for improvement. With MacT, he played a steadier game. But this season, his play has regressed and is very inconsistent, dangerously so at times. He is looking very much like we thought a couple of years ago, a player with all the tools but no toolbox. He has the size, the skating, a physical dimension, but lacks the decision making required for him to take the next step. Gillis said Sauve would have to simplify his game this season, but honestly, he has done the complete opposite. Perhaps it is an injury that is causing this regression, but he needs to step it up massively to crack my top 10.
Fair enough, I and agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Refer to these quotes below...

This is why i asked if you are confused about this player. Based on the number sequences you are replying to, you imply you've seen Grenier play for the Wolves on Sportsnet, yet as i said earlier, he has not played in North America this year, so i am not sure how you saw him.

Are you referring to Archibald or are you referring to Grenier when he played with the Remparts?

My problem with Grenier stems from the people who have seen him regularly and their reports, such as Pyatt4God who watches Quebec. An enigmatic winger who is all potential right now with little substance in his game. Also, we all saw him in the Prospects Tourney and I remember he made some very stupid plays, both offensively and defensively (commented on it then as well). He played very poorly in those games. He rarely used his size, if at all, or skating for that matter. He was coasting.
My mistake, I was actually talking about Rodin. The one before I only addressed Sauve then the next one was Rodin but I shouldn't ahve put a number beside it, then after seeing I have 4 numbers I didn't re-read it and completely forgot about Grenier.

Sorry it was late and I was tired, my mistake. That SN quote of mine was about Rodin, forget everything in relation to Grenier aside from the brief in my initial honourable mention section.

I just made a comment above, to another poster but I will reiterate here, I haven't seen him play in the austrian league, so if he is doing terrible then maybe I shouldn't have put him there, I just remember being really intrigued with him when we got him because of his size, skating ability and he seemed to have a well rounded game from reports I read and things, I could be off on him, I've been following more our prospects on the Wolves, then somre of our other top prospects, guys like Grenier and most of our collage guys I haven't really been following honestly, that's probably why I forgot about McNally and didn't have anything to say about Hutton.