View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 10:44 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
It will be interesting to see what happens over the summer, if management looks to once again have a new coaching staff (which would make it 6 years in a row that the team would have a new coaching staff) or do they stick with the current group who will likely have a good bit of youth on the way again next season depending on how things shake out between now and then.

If the lockout were to end next week, it would be interesting to see the impact on the Dogs as other teams will lose their best players while the Dogs could perhaps not lose much at all depending on various factors. That said, as someone that watches Hamilton very closely since the Habs moved there this is easily the worst looking team I have seen the Dogs ice as they are really not fun to watch at all. I give the team high marks for their work ethic as they are a hard working team for sure but it's hard to watch many nights as they struggle to score and the PP makes me want to pull my hair out.

But in the end what matters most is that this helps a few prospects get ready for the NHL down the road so hopefully it works out since we have at least a few future NHL regulars in Hamilton. Between Beaulieu, Tinordi, Leblanc, Gallagher, Dumont, Bournival, etc.. we should have several end up as full time NHLers over the next 2-3 seasons. How good they end up in the NHL will be the question but hopefully one or two live up to expectations and the 2012 draft class ends up as good as we hope it will along with a possible gem or two after the June draft.