View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 11:48 AM
mahagga73

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
Pirates fans are so unbelievably salty.

News flash! The NL Central has been won by four different teams in the last five years.

If you think the economics of baseball is the reason they Pirates are so consistently terrible you are just looking for an excuse.

Also, PNC Park is a shrine. I don't care how bad the team is that place is always worth a visit.

And yes, I am a Jays fan, and I love sharing a division with the Yankees and Red Sox. And I can tell you unequivocally that the Blue Jays ownership has LOVED having them in the division. When those big spenders visit town, those are the Jays' (and every other team in baseball's) best gates of the season.

And you cant say "current year spending spree notwithstanding". The current spending spree is an example of exactly how a "small" (and I use that term loosely because the Jays' owners are super rich) market teams build through the draft, and gradually, but most importantly, financially responsibly, build themselves to a level where they are in a position to spend money.

Mandating limits and floors and percentages to be spent is horribly misguided and static response to economic and performance factors that are always changing.
You got a lot to look forward too this year then. Jays fans have suffered lately, but management has you guys in position to get maybe a 3rd WS title. Us White Sox fans just hope we finally make the playoffs again.

mahagga73 is offline   Reply With Quote