View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
He's going to get prime minutes because the team sucks.
I really disagree with your assessment on Kuptsov. Like REALLY disagree.

It's a perfect plan for next year, IMO. I think at this point, there is a 60-75% chance that Monahan is back for one more year. Kuptsov actually reminds me a lot of Tyler Graovac one year ago. Both are big, strong forwards who have had periods of offensive greatness but have been largely inconsistent due to playing on teams where they've been pushed down to the third line. The 67s FINALLY get that winger that they've been looking for, and they have Monahan and Salituro as their Top 6 centers next year.

I'm actually pretty happy with the trade. The market is crap this year, and people need to realize that this is the OHL equivalent of a UFA deal at the deadline where the player isn't coming back. You're getting a late born 18 year old, and a couple draft picks. The odds are pretty good that at least one of the draft picks that they got will also turn into a decent OHL player with a 3 year career, so to me it's a great trade.

To me Ceci will actually go farther away. I can actually see him getting traded to London. I think the 67s could ask for Jacob Jammes and Remi Elie as well as a 2nd round pick and a couple mid round picks. Both Jammes and Elie are 1995's, and Jammes played Minor Midget for the Ottawa Jr. 67s.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote