View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 10:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
You think he's ready enough to go straight to the NHL, if 'say UND gets eliminated quick in the playoffs?

I think so. But you've probably seen him play more than anyone on here combined so I was wondering what you thought about it.
No, I don't and I wouldn't want to see him in the NHL next year either as I think he needs to spend time in the AHL to work on being more consistent adjust to the increased hockey schedule he is going to face once he turns pro.

For this year, if there's an NHL season, Kristo would likely be in the NCAA until April. as North Dakota should be in the Frozen Four tournament again. The Frozen Four starts March 29th, single elimination, but if they good deep again (which i wouldn't bet on unless their goaltending gets better) he could be playing till mid-April. But maybe they could bring him up (after he's signed of course) and let him take in the experience since Hamilton is overloaded with rookies already if it ends up he can get signed on time for a game or two. Even if he doesn't dress, which of course would depend on what kind of season the Habs ended up having if they do in fact have one. I'd send him to Hamilton personally but who knows what management has in mind for him.

I am excited to see what he can do in the AHL though, as he has a ton of offensive skill and can be a ton of fun to watch. With his speed and hands along with impressive passing abilities he can do a lot of damage out there.