View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 11:58 AM
OiledUp

vCash: 500
I'm not overly impressed with the development and quality of the players playing in the CHL, actually I feel one of the strengths of the swedish team is that the players play SEL and SEL2 thus playing against men. The players in the swedish squad that impressed me the least were the guys playing the CHL, Nick Sörensen and Rickard Rakell(who looked to have taken a step back since last year), and USHL, Rasmus Bengtsson(who was surpassed on the swedish depth chart by pretty much every other d man on the team, his development has come to a complete halt for the last year or so).
Viktor Rask who also plays the CHL looked ok but didn't look like he's developed much for the last year either.

So I think that sweden might actually benefit from a non-foreign CHL.

And from a canadian point of view I think what you need to worry about isn't foreign players in the league but the quality of the programs and start questioning how good the CHL actually is for development, especially for the top players, I think a lot of canadian players would benfit from getting a chance to play against men at the age of 17-19 but as of now the CHL holds too much clot, so it's pretty much either CHL or NHL which is to big a step for some. At least imho.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote