View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Okay...so you feel it will be easy to move 5 million dollar underachieving players to other teams who are also constricted by a lower cap....makes sense.

To your edit, capgeek shows the cap hit at 3,775,000 for each in 13-14. That is were i got my info, sorry if it's incorrect.
I'm mucking around capgeek myself. The bonuses for Yakupov and RNH actually make it manageable if they buyout Horcofff. Granted, they need to replace him and probably will look to resign Whitney, just with low term given his injury history. Personally, I do not feel they would have much interest in Luongo under a sixty million cap though. Dubnyk is good enough for a team that is essentially at their "trial by error" stage of a rebuild. Not to mention they need to see what they have in defense. If those prospects do not live up to expectations, than addressing it serves a much greater priority than goaltending.

In addition, no one is factoring in the future raises for Schultz, Yakupov and RNH. Low cap or not, you are not getting them under 5-6 million.