View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 12:46 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I've head this too. I think good players should be able to adapt to their league though. He wasn't bad in Oshawa, but he didn't dominate... (Didn't need too, but little/no improvement from his draft year.)

I get the argument to an extent, but I still think his offensive numbers should have climbed after his draft year. Regardless, I see the potential. Predicting he will be a 20g - 20a (or 25-25) player is nothing to frown on... Everyone in Calgary (other teams too) loves Glencross. He puts up those numbers, and does many good things on the ice. Putting up 20goals in the NHL is quite the feat. Not everyone can put up 30g.

Either way, great pick at 29. Hopefully he develops properly.
Sometimes players whose size and mind are developed more than the players around them.

Putting up more points, but chasing the play and making junior plays to get those points aren't what Canucks brass wanted from Jensen. It's clear he is better suited to a cerebral systems based game.

To add, Ryan Getzlaf went from 1.0ppg in his draft year to 1.5 the year after and back to 1.0ppg his last year in the WHL.

Junior points aren't always indicative, and judging from what I have read and seen All oshawa's players had significant point drops last season.

So I don't think you can accurately get a read on Jensen's play down there.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote