View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I think you guys are forgetting Luongo has a No Trade Clause. Gillis has to be careful with what teams he presents to Lu since so far Luongo is keeping more options open then he has to.

I thought it was abundantly clear that Luongo wanted to go to Florida as his preferred destination strictly for the location... family wants to be there?

One of the main reasons why Toronto is added to the list isn't strictly because of need or cap freedom to do so but also since Toronto is very close to Florida and Luongo might be okay with that.

A 5 team list is extremely limiting. Edmonton? Columbus? I don't think there is a chance in hell Luongo agrees to go there, especially since Vancouver is finding even more pressure to move him (cap at 60-64m).

It's all up to Luongo. If he really wants to be in Florida he can make that happen easily. If he's okay with something close by, Toronto might work. All he has to do is let Gillis know what he wants.

I think a lot of you have you head in the clouds that Lu would waive to go to Edmonton or any of the other crazy places you or internet sources can dream up.
Luongo has stated his preference is Florida but he is willing to waive his NTC should Gillis ask. While we cannot be certain that was an endorsement we have carte blanche to ship him where ever we want. There isn't any reason to believe he would veto teams xyz. In fact, he joked about going to Chicago and genuinely seemed okay with it.

You are wrong to say he could easily make that happen. Were Luongo to force Florida on us, we could simply waive him. Sure, we get nothing but that may be better than Florida's buyouts. I doubt Lu makes it by Columbus or Edmonton.